New Kit: Vango’s new Fuse sleeping bag is first to have hybrid insulation
VANGO is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and what better way to start the year than being the first outdoor brand to launch a 4-season sleeping bag with a hybrid mix of down and 4T synthetic insulation.
Vango has called this new sleeping bag the ‘Fuse’ and as the name suggests, it fuses Duck down with synthetic fibres to improve the warmth to weight ratio.
There’s an even amount of insulation coverage from head to toe as well as adjustable shoulder baffles to stop heat escaping up through the hood of the bag.
There’s also a 3D insulated zip baffle, a ripstop nylon shell and a water resistant finish to protect the insulation from condensation and damp conditions.
Other features include:
– an internal pocket – conveniently placed to provides storage for small essentials
– an arrow foot – shaped foot area allowing feet to relax into their natural position
– a 3D hood with Multi-Cord Closure – strategic design means the head and shoulders are kept much warmer during the night. The hood’s multi-cord adjustment uses two thicknesses of cord so it can be easily adjusted in the dark
– a full length Two-Way Auto-Lock Zip with Zip Guard. Used to seal in warmth or provide ventilation and can be used from inside the bag. Anti-catch piping helps to prevent the zip from snagging on the lining.
– a Roll Top Dry Bag – Roll three times for a sealed, water tight bag
£220 for the – 12°C version
£180 for the -6°C version
£130 for the 2°C version