Elliot Brown watches (known for its tough timepieces and special project/fundraising watches for Mountain Rescue and RNLI) has partnered with Land Rover on a new watch – the Land Rover X Elliot Brown Holton Professional Watch.
The new limited edition watch (£499) will be available from the autumn and you can register your interest in it here.
The watch is being worn by four university students who are currently rowing 2000 miles, unassisted, in the GB Row Challenge that started a few days ago, to raise money for the British Red Cross and JustOneOcean. Their team is called ‘Exe Endurow’ and their progress can be tracked here https://exeendurow.com/
Donations can be placed via this Just Giving link: www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/exe-endurow
Land Rover helped the team get their boat in the water with the new Defender and the watches will certainly be put through their paces with sea water, sweat and constant movement.
The watch itself is based on the existing Elliot Brown Holton Professional model that was developed with a ‘specialist branch of the UK armed forces’ and you can probably guess who they’re talking about. Built to withstand extreme military field tests and harsh environments, it was the first British-designed military watch supplied to this ‘particular unit’ in more than a decade. It makes it the natural choice for a Land Rover limited-edition and perfect for the daunting GB Row Challenge.
Here’s a little more insight in to the details.
- Tested to extremes: Every watch is rigorously tested and must pass three separate pressure tests using air and water. In addition, Elliot Brown watches have been put through real-world testing, surviving being strapped to the bows of round-the-world yachts and submerged to depths of 1,921m.
- Total water protection: A bolted-down compressor caseback system and triple-sealed crowns provide impressive water protection up to 200m.
- Unsurpassed durability: Case and strap bars are made from marine-grade 316L stainless steel and an incredibly scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass.
- Ultra-shock resistant: The precision Swiss quartz movement is housed inside a proprietary shock protection system. The watch can survive the impact of a 3kg stainless mallet which imparts a force of about 5000G.
- Clear visibility day to night: Clear, easy-to-read dial with defined hour, minute and second hands to reduce confusion and flooded with highly luminous markers for essential visibility at night.
- Easy to operate: An easy-to-grip, rotating case-hardened timing bezel that can be operated even with a gloved hand.
- Strong and secure straps: The EPDM rubber strap is hypoallergenic and resistant to seawater, UV rays and extreme cold temperatures. The watch also comes with an easy-to-change lightweight webbing strap option with double selvedges that is infinitely adjustable with no holes to fray and a lifetime antibacterial treatment.
- Reliability: Trusted by UK armed forces and Mountain Rescue England and Wales, it comes with a five-year warranty and three-year battery life.
Here’s the link to register your interest https://shop.landrover.com/uk/elliot-brown-holton-professional-watch