THIS video teaser from the organisers of the Sheffield Adventure Film Festival (ShAFF) gives a small taste of what we can expect at the real thing in April.
And if the festival is anything like this trailer then we’re in for something big and adventurous.
The festival is on from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th April at the Showroom Cinema in Sheffield and as we’re halfway through February (nearly) it’s an ideal time to start shouting about the event.
The video below combines snippets from some of the 100 or so films which will be screened over the three days. That’s 33 adventure films being shown every day. The hardest part will be deciding which ones to watch.
The teaser was put together by Lukasz Warzecha – the very same chap we interviewed in October 2011 where he shared his tips with Adventure 52 on how to take better adventure photos – and a colleague Wojtek Kozakiewicz who runs the Polished Project (another awesome site with extra film goodies to watch online). The music you hear is ‘Life in Glorious Stereo’ by a Sheffield band called the Screaming Maldini – what a name.
As well as viewings at the Showroom Cinema, there are also screenings at Sheffield Hallam University’s Pennine Lecture Theatre and at Red Bull’s outdoor Cityscape Cinema at the amphitheatre. Tickets on sale here.
Music courtesy of Screaming Maldini (Life in Glorious Stereo).
- Download ‘Life in Glorious Stereo’ from iTunes
- Buy Screaming Maldini’s eponymous album on CD and vinyl:
Thanks to all the filmmakers whose films are featured in the trailer (in order of appearance):
- The Last Great Climb (Directed by Alastair Lee)
- Valhalla (Directed by Nick Waggoner & Ben Struglewski)
- Reel Rock – High Tension (Directed by Peter Mortimer, Nick Rosen, Zachary Barr, Josh Lowell)
- Mission Antarctic (Directed by Guido Perrini)
- 7 Cogs Of Sheffield (Directed by Edward Birch)
- Focal Point (Directed by Björn Fischer)
- Red Bull Perspective (Directed by Nicholas Schrunk)
- Sarah Ridgway – Mountain Runner (Directed by Lukasz Wrzecha & Wojtek Kozakiewicz)
- Red Bull Rampage From Start To Finish (Directed by Red Bull Media House)
- Sam Reynolds – Freestyle MTB in Slow Motion (Produced by Gridstars)
- Restless (Directed by Leo Zuckerman)
- Bike 2 Boat Norway (Directed by Olaf Obsommer)
- Cascada (Directed by Anson Fogel & Skip Armstrong)
- Sportlife Saga – Water (Produced by EyEFORcE)
- NotBad – (Directed by Darcy Wittenburg, Darren McCullough, Colin Jones)
- The Burn (Directed by Jeff Thomas)
- Nine Knights MTB 2012 (Produced by Peoplegrapher)
- Road Bike Party 2 (Directed by Robin Kitchen)
- Murder Of Couriers (Directed by Tom MacLeod, Neil Brill)
- Progression 5 (Directed by Scott Bass, Ampisound)
- Reel Rock – Spice Girl (Directed by Peter Mortimer, Nick Rosen, Zachary Barr, Josh Lowell)
- Experiments In Speed (Directed by Greg Hackett)
- Wheelin’ (Directed by (Directed by JD Schuyler, Jason Drake, Jeremy Albert, Luke Tate)
- Time Out (Killian’s Quest) (Directed by Sébastien Montaz – Rosset)
- Heaven’s Gate (Directed by Nic Good)
- Speed Games: Rollerman vs Longboard (Directed by Danny Strasser)
- The Sufferfest (Directed by Cedar Wright)
- WideBoyzski (Directed by Paul Diffley)