James Haskell, founder of BodyFire, shares his banana-based pancake which does not use flour
JAMES Haskell, founder of BodyFire, has shared his recipe for a delicious banana-based pancake which does not use flour.
Aside from significantly removing the carb content of the pancake it also completely removes gluten, making this recipe more accessible for all.
The recipe also has Tagaloa extra Virgin coconut oil which is cholesterol and sugar free, yet makes the pancakes taste delicious.
“I always like to start my day with a healthy and filling breakfast, Tagaloa provides medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), which are a great and accessible form of energy, this recipe is delicious and means everyone can get involved on Pancake Day,” says James Haskell.
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1 tbsp Tagaloa coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Topping of choice
- In your mixing bowl squish the ripe bananas until they form a smooth texture, it is good to keep a few chunks of bananas in as these make for extra fluffy pancakes.
- Add the eggs and begin to whisk thoroughly so that they become fully combined with the bananas.
- Chop your almonds however you like, although we recommend more of a rustic rough chop. Chuck these into the mixture before adding your chia seeds, cinnamon and finally the salt.
- Give it a good stir before then gently heating the Tagaloa coconut oil in the frying pan. Spoon your batter in and cook the pancake for approximately 60 seconds each side. Aim for the pancakes to be a golden brown colour.
- You are now ready to serve, try adding a healthy topping, such as naturally sweet agave syrup, super-foods goji berries or blueberries.