Epic Runs of the World by Lonely Planet (August 2019, £24.99) has 50 first-hand accounts of the world’s greatest running routes – from short city runs and must-do marathons to cross country trails and challenging ultras.
It has a further 150 runs around the globe to satisfy runners of all abilities, whether you’re an established or aspiring runner.
The featured routes include practical information on the best time of year to run and how to get there, as well as recommendations of where to stay and what to eat. All runs are coded according to difficulty, taking into account their duration, local conditions and possible inaccessibility.
Featured runs include:
- The Great Ethiopian Run
- A rainforest run in Costa Rica
- A winter warm-up in Québec City (Canada)
- The Jinshanling Great Wall Marathon (China)
- Kyoto’s Kamo Riverfront
- The Angkor Wat Half Marathon
- The Grand Canyon’s Rim-to-Rim Challenge (USA)
- A tightrope run along the Amalfi Coast (Italy)
- A sightseeing lap around Edinburgh (Scotland)
- Dublin’s wild and windswept Peninsula (Ireland)
- And many more
Epic Runs of the World
August 2019 | £24.99 | 1st Edition
260mm x 200mm | 328 pages
Hardback | ISBN: 978-1788681261
Find out more at www.lonelyplanet.com